[Update, 15sep: NASA released revised MODIS-Aqua data (R2014.0.1) for the 9th June 2014 onwards. We are therefore analysing what effect this has and looking at reprocessing the most recent OC-CCI v3 data to take this into account. We will make an announcement when a revised version is ready.]
- More data: introduction of VIIRS and SeaWiFS LAC into the merged time series, updated NASA datasets to r2014; extension to 2014/15, depending on quality ; improved supersampling to remove "speckle"
- Bias correction improvements, reducing sensitivity to medium-term changes and extending the method to work beyond the lifetime of SeaWiFS
- Updated atmospheric correction and in-water algorithms based on the results of a new round robin.
- MODIS is now processed with POLYMER (as MERIS in v2.0 and earlier), while VIIRS and SeaWiFS remain SeaDAS based.
- POLYMER has been updated to give an improved coverage and quality in case-2 waters.
- OC4 was reselected, but now in combination with OC5.
- Blended chlorophyll algorithms to give a better solution in case-2 / optically-complex (coastal) waters.
If you've been following the updates placed here, you'll be pleased to know the data has now passed its Quality Control and been released. The small image in the top shows a preview of the V2 versus V3 data, indicating the significant improvements we see; click on it to see a larger version.
For details on how to access the data, see http://www.esa-oceancolour-cci.org/?q=products%20description
To ask any questions, contact email@example.com